Know COVID-19 Nigeria has developed the Policy Brief on COVID-19 Vaccination in Nigeria. The document was developed to provide guidance on preventing fake news that surrounds the vaccination programme in Nigeria.
It was recommended that the government should:
1. Be transparent and show accountability in purchase and distribution
2. Create more awareness about vaccines and dispel fake news
3. Actively engage religious and traditional leaders
4. Develop effectively monitoring and Evaluation of the programme leveraging technology.
5. Ensure equitable distribution of the vaccine across the country.
The Policy Brief also encourages government, civil society, businesses and individuals to actively collaborate to dispel fake news which may be hazardous to the vaccination programme.Download Report